Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Tute Week 5 - Internet Movies

Here are two examples of movies that have been made for internet release.

Firstly, "Living With The Infidels" has just been released. Its a black comedy about failed terrorist attacks. I chose this movie because its been on the news at the moment because its causing a bit of outrage because its a comedy about terrorists. I thought it was an interesting example of how the internet has given people a medium they can put these sort of productions on without censorship etc and people can consume it without being judged as they can watch it in the comfort of their own home. Check it out.


The second movie I found was another one of the Clive Owen BMW ads, this one is called "The Ticker". I chose this one because I really enjoyed the other clip that was shown in the lecture and I wanted to find something similar but I couldn't find anything that was as good quality and had such big name celebrities in it. Also its a good example of how the internet has been used as another platform to advertise on. Although this ad campaign was apparently not successful when it was released in 2001 & 2002. I think these days, with the increase in the use of YouTube and the explosion of social networking sites such as Facebook & Twitter alot more young people are spending even more time online so I think the ad campaign would be more successful if it had of been released now. Hopefully another company will recognise this and have another attempt at advertising in this way.


The final movie I found was one about globalization. This short film raises issues about globalization and urges people to take action. Again, this is a prime example of how the internet gives people a platform to voice their opinions and reach a large number of people that was otherwise not possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment